- Improved Readability: We have revised and reorganized the policy overall to make it more understandable. For example, we’ve removed terminology defining “personal information” and exchanged that for descriptions of the types of data (e.g. IP addresses) as we believe this provides further clarity. Similarly, we moved information on what specific data we collect under one heading rather than having that information dispersed throughout the policy.
- GDPR Updates: We’ve updated our policy to support the implementation of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which regulates the control and/or processing of personal data or data subjects in the European Union.
- Improved Readability: We have revised and reorganized the policy overall for readability. For example, we’ve removed old terminology and placed similar topics in closer proximity.
- Improved Clarity: We wanted to make sure that you understand what your rights and obligations are and what terms apply to them. We have clarified and updated some definitions. We have also we called out that specific Nanodegree programs may have additional terms and obligations, e.g. Special Nanodegree Terms & Conditions.
- User Content: Other Users may share suggestions and other information, we do not vet and are not responsible for this information that they share or post on our Site or social channels.
- Forums, Chats, and Social Sharing Provisions: We’ve provided more guidance on what to expect when using social channels and communities connected with our Services.
- Payment Terms: We’ve updated these for clarity to better inform Users about their payment options, obligations, and refunds.
- Ideas and Feedback Submissions: We have added a section to explain if and how we would entertain such submissions.
We believe these changes will help users better understand our policies and data collection practices.
If you have any questions about these changes, please feel free to contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.